Introduction to New Zealand Wine - Tutored Tasting Class
PRICE: $59 per PERSON
When: 11:30am (approx. 1.5 hours duration)
Have you discovered that you like to drink wine and want to know more about it?
Then reserve your place to join an intimate group and learn the basics of New Zealand wine. This is a fun way to taste good wines and build your knowledge as the experienced staff at The Winery introduce you to the main wine regions of New Zealand, the grape varieties they grow and the wine styles they make.
Learn how to get the full flavour from the wines you taste, about what defines dry, medium and sweet wines, what “body” is and the importance of tannins and acidity along with the best temperatures for serving and enjoying wine.
Your tutored tasting is made even more delicious as it will be accompanied with a cheese board of local cheeses, ciabatta bread, crackers and antipasto delicacies.
After the tasting class you can get your own Wine Card and keep tasting from our selection of over 80 wines and/or buy some bottles. We can ship your wines direct to your home in over 30 countries.
- Taste 8 quality wines carefully selected from the regions of New Zealand that best represent the distinct characters of each grape variety
- Shared cheese board with 4 local cheeses paired with crackers, ciabatta bread, local quince paste, a selection of dried fruits, roast cherry chutney, extra virgin olive oil and dukkah
- Engaging presentation by our knowledgeable staff
- Any questions you have – answered!
- Details of the wines tasted
- Maximum group size is 10 people
- Price includes 15% Goods & Services Tax